Wednesday, August 17, 2011

m a young muslim man on the verge o



m a young muslim man on the verge of marriage, literally weeks away, it will be an arranged marriage through my parents of course, everything is Islamically halal at least on my side of things. The marriage will be with a girl in Pakistan who I selected from a few girls which were shown to me as potential wives. I selected the one who I felt most attracted to and I felt I would get along with.

However there is one thing which bugs me and bugs me a lot given the number of stories and the number of women who complain soon after marriage of how they dislike their husband. How can I ensure the girl I marry is truly happy in marrying me and hasn't been influenced or almost forced into it by her family. I am a relatively handsome guy with a good educational background and of course I live in the UK which would be sufficient to persuade most families, but given this will be a strict Islamic wedding where I cannot speak to her till my wedding night, how on God's earth can ensure she is happy with the marriage? Even if she isn't I would be more than willing to protect her and call it off myself, so she isn't insulted or her family.

Bare in mind, how extremely difficult it can be for Pakistani girls from a traditional (backward) family to have the courage to say no. Is there any way I can find out if she is truly happy with marrying me or should I have faith and hope for the be

No comments:

Post a Comment