Wednesday, June 22, 2011

2010 terms for Mehndi Designs:



Third, if one is unmarried, the I-485 applicant is given the luxury of more time to choose a spouse. That spouse can enjoy dependent benefits and obtain permanent resident status based on being married prior to approval of the I-485. This is a huge benefit to those who were intending marriage, but need more time for one reason or another. There is an enormous benefit to marrying prior to the approval of the I-485, rather than after. If the marriage takes place after the I-485 is approved, the case becomes a family case and the spouse can be stuck abroad waiting for several years.

Note: A spouse is not entitled to obtain the "green card" automatically simply by getting married before the I-485 is approved. A spouse who gets married before the I-485 is approved is allowed to file and obtain the H4 visa from abroad an,d enter the U.S. on, an H4 status as l,ong as the principal, maintains H1B status.

No comments:

Post a Comment